Bioderma Sebium Products (Acne-Prone Skin)

14:36:00

Hello Lovelies,

When your skin is at you, not much will cheer you up. It can be hard to feel at your best if your face brings you down. I am a total lover of the power of makeup but the needing to wear it just to go out is not something anyone should have to experience, unfortunately for many girls this is just how things are. I would happily leave my house with no makeup on, it doesn’t phase me to nip to the shop, go to work even on a quiet office day but I would never feel confident enough to be makeup free and see my friends in town or things like that.

As a teen I got spots, mostly hormonal spot around my chin area, I was lucky in some senses as by all standards they weren’t that bad. Now as an adult and in the last two years (funnily enough since starting the blog) I have been getting some terrible spots and had a really hard time with my skin.

I have been trying and testing a lot of products over the last two years and I did discover since joining slimming world and tackling my poor diet, just how much influence food had on my skin. I am really working hard to battle the face demons and little by little things are getting better.

When I do have a flare up, I have been turning to these two products which I was kindly sent to help keep it at bay. I must say, I don’t have an affiliation with this brand, I was lucky to be sent these after expressing an interest and discussing my current skin concerns as they were at the time and was sent these two Bioderma products to help with the spots.



Here’s what I received and a little blurb on them…



Sébium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel 200ml RRP €12.00 (FREE Sébium Foaming Gel 100ml worth RRP €6.00 with every purchase of Sébium Global – September & October)
Sébium Foaming Gel gently cleanses and purifies the skin without drying it. It limits sebum secretion and thoroughly purifies the epidermis. Its ultra-gentle soap-free formula respects the cutaneous balance. The patented natural D.A.F.* complex raises the skin’s tolerance threshold.



Sébium Global 30ml RRP €16.50
Thanks to its patented, synergistic complex of Bakuchiol + Fluidactiv, Sébium Global is a truly universal treatment for problem skin. It is the first skincare product to target the biological cause of acne: changing lipid levels. Combining this synergistic complex with soothing and antibacterial agents, the cream recreates sebum similar to that of healthy skin, targeting the imperfections of mixed acne and breaking the cycle of blackheads and pimples.

They sound a bit scary but in truth both of these products felt extremely gentle on my skin. I am always worried that by trying to treat one issue, for instance spots in this case, I am then taking away another element from my skin like hydration or I am being too rough on parts of my face that don't suffer as badly. As I said earlier, these two products have been really good to use when I have had a flare up, usually around the time of the month or most noticeably if I have been out drinking alcohol and eaten bad food, my face erupts. It's amazing how much our diet can affect how our skin looks, it's been the biggest lesson I've learned in the last six months.

Bioderma is now widely available in Ireland. It is a French brand and it is world renowned for it's micellar water. I believe Bioderma were the first to bring out this product which we now know has now taken over the beauty world.

While these products may seem a little expensive to some you, I can tell you safely you only need the smallest amount of product at a time, it will last you ages and I suppose maybe it's as I get older, maybe it's as I pay more attention to myself that I start to think...isn't my skin worth that little bit extra...without a good base, no makeup can work properly on the skin so between changing my diet and really upping my skincare routine, I am finally starting to see some results.





You Might Also Like

0 comments