Waverley Academy Annual Awards 2017- Best Beauty Blogger Win

16:26:00

Hello lovelies,



Wow where do I even start with Saturday night? Hmm well it all started months ago when I was nominated for the Best Beauty Blogger award as part of the Waverley Academy Annual Awards 2017. I was then contacted and told I was now a finalist which of course I was thrilled about. I was up against two other bloggers and I was so delighted to have made it through as a finalist. I had studied my ITEC Makeup qualification in Waverley part-time during 2014 and I loved it. I knew exactly what the course entailed as I had researched loads of different courses I knew this was the one I wanted to do to make a move into makeup.

So anyway back to the night...as it was a black tie event to be held in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, I decided to arrange all my usual beauty appointments to co-inside with the big night. Firstly it meant a trip to Zinc Hair & beauty in Kilmainham. I have been a client of Lisa's for at least two years now. I only go to Lisa an she has taken my hair from bad to brilliant using only the best products such as Olaplex & Moroccan Oil. I had red in my hair at Christmas time and now that the spring is here I decided it was time to rid myself of the red and only have browns in my hair from now on. Here's a fab before and after pic of my hair.



Next up was nails. As always I went back to Elaine's Beauty in Cornellscourt where I have also been attending for at least two years now. I wanted something neutral but still me with extra oomph so we found an idea off Pinterest and Elaine put her own spin on it as always. I love them and actually love them so much more now that I have tan on it's much easier to wear a nude nail with a little tan on your skin, although lets face it I'd say that about anything, I just love tan.



Speaking of tan, I decided to use bellamianta tan for the awards. I applied one layer Friday night and that was all I needed. My skin was a beautiful colour. I topped up some of tan with the bellamianta shimmer oil and it gave me a stunning sparkle. My hair I did myself and I'll be totally honest, the three small braid took me all of 10 mins and I used a babyliss wand curler the thick pink one just to give my hair a bit of volume. Easy peasy because I wouldn't be the best at my hair at all.

For an event such a this, it was the perfect time to use one of my Inglot vouchers I had gotten for my 30th birthday so I booked in with my fave Inglot lady Amy Mc Mahon in the Tallaght store. I requested Amy so I was thrilled to see her waiting for me when I arrived on Saturday at 2pm. I told Amy I wanted something really glam as I had changed my outfit and decided to  wear a black jumpsuit.


Oh the jumpsuit.. the amount of questions I had about my outfit I was floored. I'm not a fashion blogger, in fact I'd actually say I have quite shite style but this jumpsuit was bought last summer in Penneys for €16. The belt was a present last week from Justin's mum who was in Italy. My shoes, my beautiful shows were from Office. My little sisters got them for me in Jan so they could deffo still be in now. I'm hoping Penneys will bring out the jumpsuit again because I would 100% buy it in every colour it's so comfy.



So here I am in all my pre-glory

I arrived at the Louis Fitzgerald and met my stunning date for the event Miss Anita Coote from Adorn.ie. I was so thrilled to have Anita with me, She's my happy person in blogging. We met years ago at this stage and we can spend hours together talking about our love of all things makeup and I learn so much from Anita every time I'm with her as her knowledge in the beauty world is amazing. Be sure you are following her on all her social media outlets we are so so similar in our thoughts on blogging and her picture taking skills are my biggest envy.



We sat at a great table for the night, loads of drinks and chats and the meal was amazing. We were actually at the same table as my fellow beauty blogger nominee Karen Brown from At Home Pampering and it was so nice to be in such a supportive environment. Of course I went for chicken for my dinner and Anita went for the salmon, we both must have loved it because both our plates were cleared. The desserts were also amazing I could barely fit them all in but I manged two out of four haha!



The awards kicked off MC'd by the brilliant Derek O Kelly, one of the directors of Waverley and it was great craic, he was bopping and singing all over the stage it really got people excited. I was tryin to snap all of the winners but I was getting more and more nervous as the Beauty Blogger award was getting closer. There were 11 awards and mine was to be the last. Before the actual awards, there were special awards given to the sponsors and I have to say I thought this was a fantastic touch by Waverley. Awards were given to The Irish Blogger Association, Beautifuljobs.ie, The Manicure Company and Prosecco and Heels Blog. The event was also now a fundrasier for the Princess Emily Fund, we all gave very generously at our table and there were 30 spot prizes up for grabs.


Snapchat pics sometimes aren't always the best


When my award was coming up, Anita took my phone, she videoed me winning and I was beaming. I could hear loads of shouts and claps but all I kept thinking was 'Emma do not fall over in these shoes' it was essential to a graceful win not to fall over. I walked to the side of the stage and there were no stairs steps so I had a lunge step up and yep no falling! I was presented my award by Darren King, Mr. Ireland. It was a quite hi, kiss, shake congrats and it was time to pose. I loved getting my picture taken that night absolutely no point denying it my makeup was so good I wanted everyone to see it and thankfully Anita was right there to get a little snap for me.


And so we almost come to the end of the night I feel like sharing with the blogging world...haha! We celebrated with drinks, shots, we danced, we sang along, laughed and posed until my jaw was sore from all the smiling. It was a fantastic night! I got to catch up with the girls Grace & Ali, got to make silly boomerang videos and even before my award was given to me managed to play catch up with old friends from Waterford who have just set up their nail business The Manicure Company. It's such a long story but I am so thrilled for Lorraine & David on their new venture. I will bring you more info on them when I get to meet Lorraine next time I'm down home in Waterford. 

I just want to say a massive thank you to all involved in the Waverley Academy Annual Awards 2017. To Derek & Veronica and all the team at Waverley you guys are amazing. I am so thrilled to have trained with you guys and I certainly look forward to linking in again once I have settled into my new role. To all involved in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, it was a beautiful venue, the meal was lovely. The dj was great, the photographer so sound and helpful with posing and to my wonderful table buddies I had a ball.


I am so chuffed to have this award and it's really given me the boost I needed with my blog. I will be celebrating this win for a while. Any questions on Waverley Academy be sure to check out their new website www.academy.ie









You Might Also Like

0 comments