Collette Griffin- MUA A fantastic look created by a very talented lady!!

13:30:00

Hi Ladies,

Firstly I want to say I cannot believe how many of you liked and commented on my before and after picture on Saturday of my makeup look created by Collette so I was really excited to write this post. Apologies firstly that it’s coming to you today Tuesday but we had a family Graduation yesterday, my little sis got her 1.1 from UCC so we're all very proud!

Onto Collette, so I had posted last week that I was coming home and in search of NYX products and thanks to everyone for the heads up, would you believe you were right they are so understocked but I have goggled stockists and there’s one right around the corner from me in work so I am over the moon now I bought the infamous Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil and the new Wonder Pencil… anyway distracted again!! So Collette had kindly sent me an email and asked if I would like my makeup done by her at the weekend and we could meet and chat about what she does. I was delighted! As much as I love doing makeup and of course I do as many who read this blog will know, I love someone doing mine, I love seeing how someone can change my whole face and features and bring out my best bits so I jumped at the chance.

Collette is working in makeup the last 7 years from a home studio which is like a treasure trove! When I arrived into the room, I was drawn to all her products laid out beautifully and I could see some I have been lusting after right there in front of me! This lady has a serious love of good makeup so that was a great sign. Another thing to point out about Collette from the get go is her warm, down to earth attitude which instantly had me at ease.  I don’t know how people feel if they don’t know me but I couldn't be more relaxed when meeting people, us bloggers are never out to test people, we love getting opportunities to meet people, try brands and link in with people in the industry so I think poor Collette didn't know what to make of me so in two mins I had her nice and relaxed!!

We chatted some load! I could have stayed for hours talking about makeup, youtube people we follow, blogs we love, things I now want to own thanks to talking to her and all in between and it was so lovely! Collette has been part time in makeup for years and is now taking the big leap into makeup full time.  I think this is a great idea for Collette as her talent is perfect!! I mean perfect!!! Since meeting her I have now booked her to do my best friend Evelyn’s wedding makeup as my gift to her for the big day in Feb, I am delighted with this and Collette is available for weddings on request.
Onto my look… I let Collette run wild with my makeup, I asked her to use whatever she liked and just have me looking lovely :)

Here is my before shot:



Here is the product list sent to me by Collette:

Face: 
Buff Sheer Glow Lotion
Mac Studio Fix Fluid NC 15
Kevyn Aucion sensual skin enchancer 
Anatasia Beverly Hills contour palette to highlight the centre of the face in the shade banana.
Inglot AMC Pressed powder in 52 to contour
Blusher: Mac harmony, Melba and smitten from makeup geek.
Hourglass in luminous light to highlight the cheekbones....


Eyes:  
Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as eye primer
Makeup geek in peach smoothie through the cease.
Outer eye and lower lash line: coco bear from makeup geek mixed with sketch from Mac... A hint of red brick and rule added to the centre of the lid and to smoke out the lower lash line
Eyeko metal liquid liner in lack onyx and AnastasiaBeverlyHills eyeliner in noir
Lashes: Moonstuck 3D fiber lashes (Collette gifted me one of these amazing mascaras so I will be sure to do a little post on it once I have had more time to play with it)

Lips: Urban Decay liner in Liar and Mac Creme Cup. Sigma gloss in Hint

Here are some beautiful (if I do say so myself) after pictures:






Now there is no way I would try to deny how happy I was with this look, I loved the colours on the eyes, I thought they really brought out my natural blue colour, I thought the contouring and blush was lovely and the neutral lip really helped balance the whole look!

I would highly recommend going to Collette for your makeup for any occasion, bridal, a night out the ladies, a hot date, you name it this lady will have you looking glam! She will have you prepped and ready to go in no time, using on the best products and taking real care of what you like and what type of skin you have. Collette will be available full time from mid-November and currently takes clients on the weekends but if you have any occasion coming up that you want to discuss with Collette please contact her through her Facebook page HERE 

I really hope you enjoyed this post and I wish Collette all the best with her new venture!!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, of all your make up looks, this is my absolute favourite! you look stunning! I love reading your blog, keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete