#SuperSisterSessions What a Great Way to Spend a Day x

12:34:00

Last weekend (Saturday the 31st of Jan) my bestie and I won tickets to the first ever Super Sister Sessions hosted by three fab ladies Irene, Catriona and Lisa. Irene is a stylist,presenter and writer and she can be found at Vintage Irene and the first thing I noticed about her was her amazing silver patent shoes, they were amazing!! Catriona is the owner of Dolly & Bella an online retailer and my god the stock is amazing and then Lisa is a hair expert and fellow blogger/business woman she write the Pink Sugar blog. (facebook linked)


Me and my bestie Lainey

We arrived at the Morgan Hotel just about on time although with me driving and trying to park in Dublin City Centre I didn’t know if we would make it at all, one wrong turn and we were almost completely lost and Lainey if you are reading this…. You're no help in the big smoke haha!

It’s always a lovely site to arrive into the room and see little placemats set up for everyone, included in our setting was tea/biscuits a goody bag and an amazing cupcake which we were treated to by Jen’s Couture Cakes and Jen herself was there on the day. A goody bag is always an exciting feature to see on a girl day so I was trying to resist looking but who was I kidding, I was delighted to see some WetnWild products as well as my fave tan Karora sample inside.


Devoured!

After grabbing a cup of tea our three hosts began chatting to us about what the day was to have in it. Irene started with the introductions firstly to herself and then what she hoped the day would be like, Catriona and Lisa followed and then it was our turn to talk… I was asked as the comp winner to say what I wanted to get out of the day and I was straight up and said a nice girly day to spend time with a good friend. We've had a little rough time of it lately so it’s really good to appreciate time with good people in your life.



Lainey's Mood Board


My Mood Board

Our first task on the day was a great idea and one I think they really let people chill out and started talking and that was to create your own mood board for 2015. It was staring me in the face exactly what I wanted to do this year…lose weight, tone up, get healthy and what have I done since then?....Nothing! Oh lord I am in such a fitness and fashion funk I really hope it stops soon.


Feeling creative on a Saturday

Anyway back to the ladies, for the rest of the day the three ladies alternated between makeup, hair and fashion, showcasing different looks in makeup, fashion and hair. I really liked how the girls worked so well together the entire day just flowed.

We were given about 50 mins for lunch so myself and Lainey headed into Temple Bar to grab a bite and my god it was freezing, we couldn't wait to get back into the room. After lunch we all sat with a teacup of Prosecco I mean how cute is that, Irene had brought along the cups with her and they just fit in so well with the girly theme.


Just so pretty

Catriona showcased three different makeup looks, taking your from daytime (fresh faced) look to an evening look and then full on smokey. Her skills were fab and I picked up loads of new tips to try out on my own face. I loved that as Catriona worked, she explained everything she was doing and her whole aim was so that you yourself can perfect these looks at home.





Irene was styling our model for the day Jen in different items of clothing again showing how one pair of trousers can be used for two totally different looks and then final putting Jen is a fab dress from Dolly&Bella where all the clothes came from that day. The  clothes are just beautiful and deffo a site I will keep an eye on for my four weddings this year.



Last but certainly not least is Lisa, our hair fairy on the day and I have to admit this was my favourite part. I have spent the last four years trying to grow my hair, I have long thick hair and for the most part, I don't style it well at all! I am so lazy with it, the bun being my go to hairstyle at the mo and it’s just from this lack of effort thing I have going on at the min which is shocking so it was amazing to see Lisa create brilliant looks that I really felt I could try myself. The best part which I won’t give too many details away on is her DIY curly blow-dry with no hair dryer….AMAZING!!!  I was going to post this piece last week but I decided I wanted to try it out on myself so here you are, Saturday night in under 15 mins (because I was also cooking dinner) I create this look. It’s not perfect but for my first time I was really happy. I think I got the hang of it towards the end but was in such a rush I didn't fix it but it is going to save me a fortune in going to the hairdressers and then so much time myself for a night out… thank you Lisa!!


Lisa's Curly Blowdry & Fishtail Plait


My 1st attempt at Lisa's style x


All in all the #SuperSisterSessions workshop day was brilliant, I would totally recommend it to anyone looking for an empowering girly day in a really supportive environment and just a chance to chat to other women and pick up loads of new tips and tricks.


Thanks to Irene, Catriona & Lisa and be sure to follow the ladies on their social media accounts.
Twitter:
Lisa: @MolloyLisa
Catriona: @DollyandBella 
Irene: @ireneobrien 
Jen: @JensCoutureCake



<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-58149039-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');


</script>

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Opened his eyes and saw cheap ray ban sunglasses australia the sale, cheap ray ban sunglasses australia cheap eyeful shame but saw sale consolation eyes, cheap ray ban sunglasses australia close cheap ray bans australia your eyes, but suddenly found himself an energetically laid hold of the body, and then sit safely back to the ground. the moment, the hearts of pantothenic acid, dare say, retreated behind the sale. A group of country bumpkin, cheap ray ban sunglasses australia and quickly get out. ray ban wayfarers sunglasses cheap Han opened the black for cheap they said.

    ReplyDelete