Wear it Wednesday- Brand Focused Face: Week 3 Sleek Makeup (main brand) with Paese Cosmetics

13:21:00

Hi everyone and welcome to my new series on Mastering Your Makeup, my brand focused face. I decided to start this series because I am very lucky to have a huge amount of makeup in my collection and when I like something, I like to have it all. I have no shame in admitting that I own over 20 MAC lipsticks or that if I like a foundation I want it in 3 different shades, for pale for tan and for a light tan. In the next few weeks I am going to create a look where possible with only one brand and sometimes two showcasing both high end and budget brands and showing you what you can do with this makeup. I am going to use the makeup on myself during the week so some looks will be for day time and some will be for night time. I do hope you enjoy the series xx

The brand & why I like it: Hi All and happy Tuesday night, yes you're reading this on Wednesday but I'm sitting here typing on Tuesday after just completing my Wear it Wednesday look using Sleek Makeup. There is a huge amount of Sleek Makeup in my stash, I have been a huge fan for ages. I can't actually remember who introduced me to Sleek but it used to be such a hard brand to access but thankfully Boots have a few stands here in Dublin and in Waterford I know Castle Pharmacy & Waterford Health Park Pharmacy have full stands. Other stockists will have certain products in stock so be on the hunt always. I really like Sleek makeup because its super high quality and not expensive. It's not super cheap like some other brands such as W7 or Wet&Wild but it deffo won't break the bank and the quality really does speak for itself.

The Look Pic:





So you can see there's a clear difference between the flash and no flash but really wanted to show off the look. For once I was really happy with it!


 



Foundation: So unfortunately for this look I didn't have everything from start to finish from Sleek. As Paese Cosmetics are a similar price point I decided to use my matte foundation and it sits really well on my skin. I also added a small drop of the Sleek Makeup Illuminator in Monaco to my foundation to give my face just a little extra glow. Not too much though as I don't like a whole lot of shine but enough to bring in that summer vibe.
Powder: Again I used Paese for the setting Powder it's so light and fluffy for a translucent powder I'm raging it's almost gone so will have to get more at the beauty show next month.




Cheeks (Contour/Blush/Highlight): Now if there's one thing Sleek Makeup know how to do then it's Face palettes. I love this Face Form Palette it's a trio of a contour, blush and highlight. I also have the face form duo in the same shade along with the rose gold blush on it's own but when a trip became available I had to have that. For extra sparkle on my highlight last night which was the key to my look I used the powder highlight from the Solstice palette. This was one of the half price items I got from the one day Sleek Makeup sale in Castle Pharmacy back before Christmas. I absolutely love these face palettes and I think they retail around €13.50 so such good value for so many products.




Brows: The first ever product I bought from Sleek was the brow kit in Dark. I think this must be my 3rd brow kit and I still have one in reserve ready to go. This kit contains a wax and a powder, I don't really use the little brushes but you get two and a small tweezers which I've clearly lost from this little kit. It's a super product, It really defines the brows and of course you can just use the powder for a softer day look. We all know by know how much I love my brows so it's a must have for me. I think it retails around €11 and this is my no.1 sleek product. For extra definition I lightly ran over my brows with the brow perfector so hold them in place.




Eyes (Shadow, Mascara, Liner): I have at least 7 sleek eyeshadow palettes, they usually cost around €10 and come with 12 shadows in them, they've a huge range and they usually produce a new one for every season. For this look I decided to use one of the eye quads as it contained the brown liner shade and a good matte brown for my transition shade. I also took the eye-lust palette, this was Christmas stock, another purchase from the Castle Pharmacy sake and used two of the shimmer shades for this look. Sleek eyeshadows are really good. I think because the packaging is so flat on the regular palettes they are perfect for travelling. I recently got the night palette at an event so I've actually been using that to create simple day looks so I'm looking forward to trying more. The sleek palettes are quite pigmented and the colours will wear well on the lids. I really want to get the colourful palette which is so similar to the Urban Decay electric palette to see if I would use the mad colours.



Lips (Liner/Lipstick/LipGloss): If you are on snapchat you need to follow @laudempmakeup this girl started a Matte Me craze in Waterford!!Laura went out to Castle Pharmacy and bought the shade Birthday Suit and a stampede ensued that everyone wanted this beautiful matte shade lippie. Now who am I not to follow the trend! I was in Edinburgh for my birthday with the girls and happened across a massive Sleek Makeup stand in Superdrug on Princes Street so picked up Birthday suit and wore it the night of my birthday. Laura wasn't wrong it's a fab shade so thrilled to have it in my collection. Recently then I attended the VIP launch of the new Sleek Makeup Lipsticks. Awh we had a ball that night myself and the girls in the photobooth and we were all given two of the new shades in our goodie bags. I love love this shade Private Booth. It's going to be perfect for the summer!



With the ever fabulous Anita from Adorn.ie & Cat from BigBlondeGirl

My Thoughts: So there we have it! A whole face (almost) of Sleek Makeup. I just never got around to buying the foundation but I'm really happy with how the look turned out. I think the nicest parts are the brows and highlight. I wasn't too confident using the quad for liner but because it's brown it's a little more subtle. I am a huge lover of Sleek Makeup as I said before deffo buy the brow kit if brows is your thing. If you like a matte lipstick then the matte me shades are lovely also and I think only costing around €6.50. 

Next up on my wishlist is of course the bright coloured eyeshadow palette and there's a Precious Metals highlight palette that needs to be mine along with the VIP shade in Night Spot & Reserved so I better get shopping.

Stockists can be difficult but Sleek is so active on social media you can always tweet @sleekmakeupirl and they'll help you out with a stockist. Really hope you enjoyed this post and of course any questions just contact me :)




You Might Also Like

0 comments